Thursday, September 20, 2007

*Sisters*

Chapter Two.
..A New Look On Life..
I packed up my bags and was on my way back to school. I had missed a week of school and had a lot of studying and make up work to get done. I studied hard that next week of school and was able to make up all the work and tests I had missed, while juggling trying to become a sorority sister. The bake sale and Toys For Tots drive were both that coming weekend. Libby and I went to tons of thrift stores and bought toys for the drive. We also got our Grandmother's favorite recipes from our mothers so we could attempt to bake something good for the bake sale. I had no idea I was going to be so busy in college.
"Well, hey." I heard a guy say. I stapled a bake sale flyer on the bulletinboard in front of the performing arts building and turned around. It was Seth. I just smiled nervously.
"Haven't seen you around. I was wondering if you had dropped out or something." He said.
"No." I giggled. "I couldn't do that. . ."
"Didn't think so." He said. "Bake sale hu?" He pointed to the flyer.
"Yeah." I said as I heald out a flyer.
He took it from me and examined it. "I make a killer oatmeal cookie." He said.
"Seriously?" I asked, a little too excited.
"No." He laughed.
I laughed and felt stupid.
"You wanna go out Saturday?" He asked.
"Oh, um. I'm really busy all weekend with the bake sale and stuff. . ." I said.
He nodded and shrugged. "Have a good day." He smiled.
I just smiled. I turned back toward the bulletinboard and rolled my eyes. "Idiot!" I said to myself.

2 comments:

Christina said...

"What was that?" Seth asked, and turned around.
"What? Nothing." I said, feeling myself blush. How on earth did he hear me?
"Did you just call yourself an idiot?" He asked, walking back over.
"Yes." I sighed.
"Would it be okay if I helped you out with the bakesale? Maybe I could help you make something." He suggested.
"Uh...we aren't really suposed-"
"You really don't make asking you out easy." He said.
"Well, we aren't suposed to have a lot of outside help with it." I said.
"Sorry. I'll see you around." He said. He must have thought I didn't want to hang out with him.
"Wait!" I shouted.
"What?" He asked, and turned around.
"Are you good at math?" I asked.
"Huh?" He asked, confused.
"I'm behind in Algebra II, because I was gone. I could use some help studying for a test coming up."
He smiled at me.
"I suck at math, but I already took Algebra II. Maybe the two of us could figure it out." He told me.
"Monday night?" I asked.
"You got it." He told me. "I'll call you." He said, and walked away. I let out a sigh, and then laughed at myself for being such a complete goober.
"Okay." A girl said as she walked by and looked at me funny. It just made me laugh harder.

Jenni not from the block said...

The bake sale was a huge success. We spent so much time baking and making messes of ourselves, but it was a blast! Then the sale brought in a ton of money and we felt pretty impressed with ourselves.
Then came Monday night. Seth had called me Sunday and asked me to meet him in the parking lot outside of the dorms. He pulled up in a blue 69 convertable Mustang. 'Man,' I thought, 'even his car's hot!'
"Hey pretty lady, want a ride?" He said in a dorky voice.
"Oh my, did you practice that?" I asked as we both laughed and I got in the car.
"I hope you're hungry he said. There's pizza waiting for us." He drove to the top of a hill and parked the car. We got out and walked to a picnic table on the lawn, where the pizza guy was waiting w/ the pizza.
"How much do I owe you?" Seth said.
"Oh you owe me, man, but don't worry about it! I'll hit you up when I'm hurting." The pizza guy said as he left.
"It helps to know people, I guess." I said to Seth. He just nodded and smiled.
We sat down and he said "I know being here may not make you want to do your homework, but I figured since I hate math, and you don't seem to be a big fan either, we may as well enjoy ourselves instead of sitting in some library or dorm room suffering through it."
"You're right. This is quite the place. The view from up here is amazing!" I said as I looked out at the sights. I then started looking at Seth. He was smiling as he looked out at the valley. He looked very peaceful and it made me feel...safe. I hadn't really realized it before then that ever since I'd been away at school, nothing really felt like home. Until that moment.